-   -   Auto copy single values to another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/159875-auto-copy-single-values-another-cell.html)

DDavid

Auto copy single values to another cell

Hi to all,

I will thanks if some help can be provided. I have a list of items
that contains repeated items in column A (each week i start a new file
with the empty list). I would like in column C to appear automaticaly
only one time each item I put in the column A.

thanks for the help you can give.

CLR

Auto copy single values to another cell

Data Filter AdvancedFilter, follow menu and select "Unique Records only"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"DDavid" wrote:

Hi to all,

I will thanks if some help can be provided. I have a list of items
that contains repeated items in column A (each week i start a new file
with the empty list). I would like in column C to appear automaticaly
only one time each item I put in the column A.

thanks for the help you can give.

JW[_2_]

Auto copy single values to another cell

Via formula? If so:
http://www.exceltip.com/st/Retrievin..._List/805.html
DDavid wrote:
Hi to all,

I will thanks if some help can be provided. I have a list of items
that contains repeated items in column A (each week i start a new file
with the empty list). I would like in column C to appear automaticaly
only one time each item I put in the column A.

thanks for the help you can give.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Auto copy single values to another cell

=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)=1,A1,""), copied as far as you like down column C,
will copy a value from A to C only if it is the first occurrence of that
value in column A.
--
David Biddulph

"DDavid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi to all,

I will thanks if some help can be provided. I have a list of items
that contains repeated items in column A (each week i start a new file
with the empty list). I would like in column C to appear automaticaly
only one time each item I put in the column A.

thanks for the help you can give.

CLR

Auto copy single values to another cell

That's cool............then a little Copy PasteSpecial Values, and a sort
of the column will get the list all up in one neat group.
This can of course then be set to a macro if desired.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"DDavid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi to all,

I will thanks if some help can be provided. I have a list of items
that contains repeated items in column A (each week i start a new file
with the empty list). I would like in column C to appear automaticaly
only one time each item I put in the column A.

thanks for the help you can give.

DDavid

Auto copy single values to another cell

Hey, thank you all, I learned a few new things today and solve my
issue. thanks!

"David Biddulph" wrote:
=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)=1,A1,""), copied as far as you like down column C,
will copy a value from A to C only if it is the first occurrence of that
value in column A.
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...