-   -   Formula for max number and the data adjacent to the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/159719-formula-max-number-data-adjacent-cell.html)

Sasikiran

Formula for max number and the data adjacent to the cell

Hello,

I need a formula to look for a range of cells and display the max number
among them along with the data adjacent to the cell in a different cell.

Let me explain in this way..

A1 B1
ABC 231
KJH 122
UJJ 422
IOJ 321
FJK 545

I need a formula which looks the maximum number from B1 to B5 and get
displayed in B10 (=MAX(B1:B5) can be used)
but I want the data adjacent to the max number (FJK in this case) to get
displayed along with the max number in the cell A10.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance
Sasikiran

Bob Phillips

Formula for max number and the data adjacent to the cell

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(B1:B5),B:B,0))

--
HTH

Bob

"Sasikiran" wrote in message
Hello,

I need a formula to look for a range of cells and display the max number
among them along with the data adjacent to the cell in a different cell.

Let me explain in this way..

A1 B1
ABC 231
KJH 122
UJJ 422
IOJ 321
FJK 545

I need a formula which looks the maximum number from B1 to B5 and get
displayed in B10 (=MAX(B1:B5) can be used)
but I want the data adjacent to the max number (FJK in this case) to get
displayed along with the max number in the cell A10.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance
Sasikiran

Stefi

Formula for max number and the data adjacent to the cell

B10: =MAX($B$2:$B$6)

A10: =INDEX($A$2:$A$6,MATCH($B$10,$B$2:$B$6,0))

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Sasikiran€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

[...]

Thanks a lot Bob... Its working fine..