-   -   Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/159701-opening-worksheet-when-you-click-desktop-icon.html)

computerkiller

Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon.

How do you opening a workbook when you click on the Excel desktop icon. (Very
fustrating not remembering these things. :( )

Mike H

Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon.

Hit enter or double click perhaps

"computerkiller" wrote:

How do you opening a workbook when you click on the Excel desktop icon. (Very
fustrating not remembering these things. :( )

Don Guillett

Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon.

New shortcut with

C:\yourfolder\yourfilename.xls

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"computerkiller" wrote in message
How do you opening a workbook when you click on the Excel desktop icon.
(Very
fustrating not remembering these things. :( )

computerkiller

Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon.

No, I mean how do I make this work, "E:\My Documents\Office\Excel\Budget
Worksheets.xls" in the Excel icon "Start In" section. At one time you could
open a specific document from the desktop.

"computerkiller" wrote:

How do you opening a workbook when you click on the Excel desktop icon. (Very
fustrating not remembering these things. :( )

Mike H

Opening a worksheet when you click on the desktop icon.

See your other response below