Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PDF to Excel

Any body know of an easy way to convert PDF files to Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"slrog123" .....
Any body know of an easy way to convert PDF files to Excel?

Most aren't exactly easy or quick but, everything I know about it are at

PDF and Excel
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pdf.htm

and that is assuming that they were created as a table in the first
place and as scanned documents.

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mr. McRitchie--

I am no expert in this. Here are my thoughts. You need to get a copy
of Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. Probably some other version such as
Adobe Acrobat 7 Standard will work which will cut the cost from $400
to maybe $100 or so. If this software package does not work then
nothing will.

Adobe Acrobat has many excellent features. I do not know if this will
work on a scanned document versus a document that was converted to PDF
via a software pacakge such as ADOBE Acrobat or Cute PDF. Adobe
Acrobat change save PDF files as text, RTF, and Word doc files. I
would save as a text file. I would then open the file in Notepad and
clean it up if necessary. I would then import the file into Excel
using Data Import with Fixed width columns. I would then clean up or
move cells in Excel.

If you have any more questions feel free to contract me directly.

Steve G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry about posting my reply on the bottom, wasn't my question.
And since you posted my response disappeared from what I see
in newsgroup. Problems with missing posts always seems to involve
someone posting to a newsgroup from google groups though it's usually
when the original poster posted from GG. Ever
since GG did that rounded corner stuff and anybody not using at least
1024 width is out of luck when searching archives. Anyway my reply
was a reference to my page