Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a Custom Format to Format 11168 as 111.68?

I'm importing a text file with a lot of numbers in the format of XXXXX and
want to format them as XXX.XX without having to divide all the numbers by 100
and then place in a separate column. Is there a way to create a custom
format that will do this for me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can also do this with Copy & PasteSpecial

In any cell on the worksheet, enter the number 0.01 and copy it

Then highlight the range of the numbers you want to change the format of and
select PasteSpecial and choose the MULTIPLY radio button under OPERATION.

"dcsawyers" wrote:

I'm importing a text file with a lot of numbers in the format of XXXXX and
want to format them as XXX.XX without having to divide all the numbers by 100
and then place in a separate column. Is there a way to create a custom
format that will do this for me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No Problem ;-)

Don't forget to click the YES button on this post wich asks "Was this post
helpful to you?" so people can see you got your answer.

Later-
Ray

"dcsawyers" wrote:

I'm importing a text file with a lot of numbers in the format of XXXXX and
want to format them as XXX.XX without having to divide all the numbers by 100
and then place in a separate column. Is there a way to create a custom
format that will do this for me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?UmF5cG9ydGluZ01vbmtleQ==?= wrote:
No Problem ;-)

Don't forget to click the YES button on this post wich asks "Was this post
helpful to you?" so people can see you got your answer.

Um ... FYI, to those of us using news readers in news groups, this does not
apply. It's text only ... no buttons are to be seen, just good old fashioned
words. :)