-   -   Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/158882-formula-pick-lower-two-cell-calculations.html)

[email protected]

Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

There must be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out for
the life of me. I'm doing calculations and I have two numbers in two
different cells. Say, it's cell A1 and B1. I want cell C1 to simply
pick whichever number of those previous two is lower and display
that. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Peo Sjoblom

Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

=MIN(A1:B1)

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
oups.com...
There must be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out for
the life of me. I'm doing calculations and I have two numbers in two
different cells. Say, it's cell A1 and B1. I want cell C1 to simply
pick whichever number of those previous two is lower and display
that. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Pete_UK

Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

One way:

=MIN(A1,B1)

Another way:

=IF(A1<B1,A1,B1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 19, 3:54 pm, wrote:
There must be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out for
the life of me. I'm doing calculations and I have two numbers in two
different cells. Say, it's cell A1 and B1. I want cell C1 to simply
pick whichever number of those previous two is lower and display
that. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formula to pick the lower of two cell calculations

Yes there is a simple way. The lower of the numbers in the minimum; the
function is MIN; Excel help will tell you the syntax and give examples.
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...