-   -   need help making an amortization schedule (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/158446-need-help-making-amortization-schedule.html)

~Mike Hollywood

need help making an amortization schedule

Hi,
I tried to amortize my mortgage and was unable to get it to work right.
I used this formula that I found in Excel's help screens:

PMT(rate,nper,pv,fv,type)

and I entered these values in it:
=PMT((6%/365)*30,360,128000,0,0)*-1

It expresses: $767 for the mortage amt.

Is this the right way to go about this?

Thanks,

Mike

ps: if anyone can point me to a templete
that would be much appreciated.

RagDyeR

need help making an amortization schedule

Try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101443641033

--
HTH,

RD

"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
I tried to amortize my mortgage and was unable to get it to work right.
I used this formula that I found in Excel's help screens:

PMT(rate,nper,pv,fv,type)

and I entered these values in it:
=PMT((6%/365)*30,360,128000,0,0)*-1

It expresses: $767 for the mortage amt.

Is this the right way to go about this?

Thanks,

Mike

ps: if anyone can point me to a templete
that would be much appreciated.

~Mike Hollywood

need help making an amortization schedule

Hey Ragdyer,

Thanks a million! That's just what I was trying to do.

Mike

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101443641033

--
HTH,

RD

"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
I tried to amortize my mortgage and was unable to get it to work right.
I used this formula that I found in Excel's help screens:

PMT(rate,nper,pv,fv,type)

and I entered these values in it:
=PMT((6%/365)*30,360,128000,0,0)*-1

It expresses: $767 for the mortage amt.

Is this the right way to go about this?

Thanks,

Mike

ps: if anyone can point me to a templete
that would be much appreciated.

RagDyeR

need help making an amortization schedule

You're welcome, and thank you for the feed-back.

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101443641033

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
I tried to amortize my mortgage and was unable to get it to work right.
I used this formula that I found in Excel's help screens:

PMT(rate,nper,pv,fv,type)

and I entered these values in it:
=PMT((6%/365)*30,360,128000,0,0)*-1

It expresses: $767 for the mortage amt.

Is this the right way to go about this?

Thanks,

Mike

ps: if anyone can point me to a templete
that would be much appreciated.

~Mike Hollywood

need help making an amortization schedule

thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.
Mike