-   -   Inputting data as Stone, pounds and ounces (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157940-inputting-data-stone-pounds-ounces.html)

BigAndy

Inputting data as Stone, pounds and ounces

I'm sure this is very simple and i'm just being stupid but I can't seem to
format cells to accept imperial weight measurements and then allow them to be
plotted on a chart. Any pointers would be most welcome.

thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Inputting data as Stone, pounds and ounces

I don't think you'll find an inbuilt way of dealing with these units (in the
way you can with hours minutes and seconds), so I think your best bet would
be to put stones, pounds, and ounces in 3 separate columns, and then use a
helper column, perhaps in pounds, to combine the total, & then plot from
that column.
--
David Biddulph

"BigAndy" wrote in message
I'm sure this is very simple and i'm just being stupid but I can't seem to
format cells to accept imperial weight measurements and then allow them to
be
plotted on a chart. Any pointers would be most welcome.

thanks

Bruce Sinclair

In article , "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:
I don't think you'll find an inbuilt way of dealing with these units (in the
way you can with hours minutes and seconds), so I think your best bet would
be to put stones, pounds, and ounces in 3 separate columns, and then use a
helper column, perhaps in pounds, to combine the total, & then plot from
that column.

<can't resist ...

Better yet, simplify your life and that of those around you by using SI
units g and kg from the start. It is the standard, it's easy to use and
understand, why not use it ? :)