Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Japanees characters

In a few cases a cell contains japanees characters and sometimes the system
doesn't even recognize what is in a cell and I get N/A. The format of these
cells is general and doesn't correct when I type over the original cell.

It only shows up when that cell is referenced by another spreadsheet and the
original is closed. As soon as I open the original, the problem corrects
itself.