-   -   how do I increase the number of columns in a report? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157740-how-do-i-increase-number-columns-report.html)

JES

how do I increase the number of columns in a report?

trying to export a Quickbooks report to excel... message appears saying that

"Excel allows columns in a worksheet. This report has columns (4 row
tiltle columns + 489 data columns). Use "Customize" to change the number of
columns in this report".

I don't see how to do this. Any help appreciated.
jes

Gord Dibben

how do I increase the number of columns in a report?

You would change the number of columns in your report through Quickbooks, before
you bring it into Excel.

Or upgrade to Excel 2007 which allows 16384 columns.

Earlier versions are limited to 256 columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP