-   -   Named ranges in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157713-named-ranges-excel-2007-a.html)

[email protected]

Named ranges in Excel 2007

In Excel 2003 and earlier, if you want to rewrite over a set of named
ranges, for example, you would highlight the data and headers and go
to Insert -Name-Create and pick the appropriate choice. If the names
already existed, the system would prompt you to overwrite.

I have not found a way to replicate this in the new user interface in
Excel 2007? Please advise.

Jim Rech

Named ranges in Excel 2007

Insert, Name, Create is "Create from Selection" in the Defined Names group
on the Formulas tab.

--
Jim
wrote in message
ups.com...
| In Excel 2003 and earlier, if you want to rewrite over a set of named
| ranges, for example, you would highlight the data and headers and go
| to Insert -Name-Create and pick the appropriate choice. If the names
| already existed, the system would prompt you to overwrite.
|
| I have not found a way to replicate this in the new user interface in
| Excel 2007? Please advise.

Jim Rech

Named ranges in Excel 2007

Ctrl-Shift-F3 is a shortcut that works in all versions, btw.

--
Jim
ups.com...