-   -   How do I permanantely remove more than 2 decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157652-how-do-i-permanantely-remove-more-than-2-decimals.html)

Ferd

How do I permanantely remove more than 2 decimals

I have Excel 2003.

How can I automatically reduce the number of decimals to only 2 digits not
just in the view part but rather permanetely.

example 2.48469047619048 should become 2.49

Pete_UK

How do I permanantely remove more than 2 decimals

You can go to Tools | Options | Calculation (tab) then click on
Precision as Displayed and click OK - you will be warned that you will
permanently loose accuracy (click OK). Then go back to Tools | Options
| Calculation (tab) then unclick Precision as Displayed and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 10, 9:40 am, Ferd wrote:
I have Excel 2003.

How can I automatically reduce the number of decimals to only 2 digits not
just in the view part but rather permanetely.

example 2.48469047619048 should become 2.49

Gary''s Student

How do I permanantely remove more than 2 decimals

Tools Options Calculation Precision as Displayed
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200743