-   -   How to put Brackets covering two or more cells in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157606-how-put-brackets-covering-two-more-cells-excel.html)

No

How to put Brackets covering two or more cells in Excel

I am taking about
using Square and curve Curve & round Brackets
Here I can not merge cells due to various reasons.

Excel 2003

Sandy Mann

No" <No @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Here I can not merge cells due to various reasons.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

You don't explain what it is that you are trying to do but just guessing:

="(" & SUM(D1:D18)&" How to put Brackets covering two or more cells in Excel
" & SUM(B1:B18)&" )"

Then select the range of cells that you want the formula to appear in and
select:
Format Cells Alignment Horizontal Center Across Selection

Unlike merging cells, Center Across Selection will still let you select
columns.

--
HTH

Sandy