-   -   Multi Line text box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157260-multi-line-text-box.html)

jmonesmith

Multi Line text box

Is there a way to allow users who are entering data into a text box to hit
the enter key to move down a line? It works fine until I protect the sheet,
then the enter key moves the user to the next unlocked cell instead of
creating a new line in the text box.

Earl Kiosterud

Multi Line text box

Csmith,

Change the MultiLine property to True and the Enter key behavior properties to True. This
presumes you're using a bona-fide text box from the controls Toolbox.

To get to the Properties window, double-click the text box (in design mode). That will take
you to the VBE. If you don't have the Properties window, do View - Properties window.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"jmonesmith" wrote in message
Is there a way to allow users who are entering data into a text box to hit
the enter key to move down a line? It works fine until I protect the sheet,
then the enter key moves the user to the next unlocked cell instead of
creating a new line in the text box.

jmonesmith

Multi Line text box

I created the text box right in Excel (2007), not VBE. I'm not very familiar
with VBE, so I'm a little confused. Can I apply the multi-line property and
Enter key behavior property to the text box that I created in Excel? If so,
how?

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

[...]

Read my first reply on how to get into the VBE (Visual Basic Environment -- it's Excel)
window and look at and change the properties. If this isn't a control from the Controls
Toolbox, as I mentioned, then it doesn't apply.