-   -   Time Format [H]:MM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157249-time-format-%5Bh%5D-mm.html)

Angiewelly

Time Format [H]:MM

I have used the format [H]:MM to add times together but in some cells the
date appears. For example 234:44 hours shows as 234:44 in the cell but in the
format line it is 09/01/1900 19:44:00

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong please?

Thanks

Angie

Toppers

Time Format [H]:MM

Nothing is wrong!

The Formula Bar shows it as 9 days (9*24 =216) and the balance as
hours:minutes which should be 18:44:00.

"Angiewelly" wrote:

I have used the format [H]:MM to add times together but in some cells the
date appears. For example 234:44 hours shows as 234:44 in the cell but in the
format line it is 09/01/1900 19:44:00

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong please?

Thanks

Angie

Angiewelly

Time Format [H]:MM

Ahhhh now I get you! Thanks very much for your help

Angie