-   -   condition format for surrounding cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1570-condition-format-surrounding-cells.html)

little rusty with excel

condition format for surrounding cells

Need help, I have column A the have 3 conditional format that is color coded
depending value, I would like to have columns B, C, D,E (which are text) that
could changes to the same color as column A when that changes. If anyone
could help that would be greatly appriciated.

Frank Kabel

Hi
try something like the following:
- select A1:E1
- in the conditional format dialog enter a formula such as
=$A1="condition1"

--
Regards
Frank Kabel