-   -   sort days of week (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156708-sort-days-week.html)

ferde

sort days of week

I have a list that I am trying to sort in a pivot table by the day of the
week. Column B is derived from column A but is formated dddd using the
custom feature. I cant figure out how to get the list to sort just Saturday
and Sunday entries. The pivot table will only list all of the day entries
which would mean i would have to select every Saturday and Sunday entry from
300 rows . Not sure if I am explaining this clear enough but here is an
example of what I see. Really would appreciate any help . Deb

A B
DISCHARGEDATE Day of the week
1/3/2007 Wednesday
1/2/2007 Tuesday
1/4/2007 Thursday
1/4/2007 Thursday
1/11/2007 Thursday
1/14/2007 Sunday
1/9/2007 Tuesday
1/14/2007 Sunday
1/28/2007 Sunday

Gary''s Student

sort days of week

Instead of inserting the following in B2:
=A2 and format as "dddd"
use:
=TEXT(A2,"dddd")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200741

"ferde" wrote:

[...]

Don Guillett

sort days of week

Have a look at
datafilterautofilterfilter on col Bcustom =Saturday
or
=Sunday

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ferde" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much for your response.... you just saved me ...big time.