-   -   cell protection in Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156657-cell-protection-excel-2000-a.html)

JC[_2_]

cell protection in Excel 2000

In Excel 2000, is there a way to allow unlocked cells to be spell
checked? I have my formula cells locked, but I want certain unlocked
cells on the sheet to accept text and then allow it to be spell
checked. However, with the protection on, there is no editing. Users
can input info in the unlocked cells, but not spell check it. To this
point, I've been unable to find a remedy to this problem.