-   -   Word to Excel format conversion? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15665-word-excel-format-conversion.html)

jstephens62

Word to Excel format conversion?

I have a list of items in Word that runs to 42 pages, and I would like to
convert it to an Excel spreadsheet. Cutting and pasting won't work, is there
a way to convert? Office Help would indicate that there is, but it doesn't
tell me how.

Thanks!

Jack

Harald Staff

Hi Jack

Try exporting / importing as HTML (aka "webpage").

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"jstephens62" skrev i melding
I have a list of items in Word that runs to 42 pages, and I would like to
convert it to an Excel spreadsheet. Cutting and pasting won't work, is

there
a way to convert? Office Help would indicate that there is, but it doesn't
tell me how.

Thanks!

Jack

Myrna Larson

Just curious, but you say cutting and pasting won't work. Why not?

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:31:04 -0800, "jstephens62"
wrote:

I have a list of items in Word that runs to 42 pages, and I would like to
convert it to an Excel spreadsheet. Cutting and pasting won't work, is there
a way to convert? Office Help would indicate that there is, but it doesn't
tell me how.

Thanks!

Jack

Lady Layla

Save word file as csv file or txt file, open in Excel

"jstephens62" wrote in message
: I have a list of items in Word that runs to 42 pages, and I would like to
: convert it to an Excel spreadsheet. Cutting and pasting won't work, is there
: a way to convert? Office Help would indicate that there is, but it doesn't
: tell me how.
:
: Thanks!
: