-   -   lookup row index number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156627-lookup-row-index-number.html)

helen

lookup row index number

I am using hlookup and vlookups and need to know how to increment the row
index number. Currently I am having to count from the last row I used the
formula. This creates problems when I later decide to delete rows.

Tim879

lookup row index number

Try using a dynamic range:
http://www.google.com/search?q=dynam...L_enUS228US228

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...ky2NrG4Iff8VBw

On Aug 31, 12:10 pm, Helen wrote:
I am using hlookup and vlookups and need to know how to increment the row
index number. Currently I am having to count from the last row I used the
formula. This creates problems when I later decide to delete rows.

Max

lookup row index number

To increase as you copy down, try: ROWS($1:1)+1,
eg: =HLOOKUP(A3,D$1:F$3,ROWS($1:1)+1,0)

To increase as you across, try: =COLUMNS($A:A)+1,
eg: =VLOOKUP($A2,$G:$I,COLUMNS($A:A)+1,0)
--
Max
Singapore