-   -   sheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156625-sheet-protection.html)

Bwells

sheet Protection

Does anyone know how to allow a pulldown cell to be accessable to a user when
the sheet is protected? I right clicked on the cell, deselected "lock", and
then protected the sheet. But, When i tried to select an item in the
pulldown cell it said it was protected and therefore read-only. For every
other type of cell this method works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave Peterson

sheet Protection

It sounds like the cell maybe locked again. Try checking the
format|Cells|protection dialog.

But in general...

How did you create the dropdowns? What version of excel are you using?

If you used data|validation and xl2003 (IIRC), unprotect that cell.

If you used a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a combobox from the Control
Toolbox toolbar, make sure the linked cell is unlocked.

--

Dave Peterson

Bwells

sheet Protection

Thanks Dave It was from a combobox. I unlocked the linked cells and it works
great.