-   -   Conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15637-conditional-formatting.html)

ESREI

Conditional formatting

Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value
in one cell in the range = X

in other words can I format the back ground for line 5 if
C5 = X

Roger Govier

Use conditional formating.
Select the whole row
Set the condition Formula Is =$C$5="X"
Choose the Format you want for the cells in that row.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"ESREI" wrote in message
Can I do a conditional formatting on a range if the value
in one cell in the range = X

in other words can I format the back ground for line 5 if
C5 = X

Jason Morin

1. Select your range.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" and put:
=INDIRECT("rc",0)="x"
4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.