-   -   Highlighting Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156207-highlighting-rows.html)

Lynda

Highlighting Rows

I have been given a very large spreadsheet that i have to extract data from.
I would like to use the auto filter but my problem is the spreadsheet has a
lot of merged cells in it. I need to be able to highlight rows with common
data and transfer that data to a new spreadsheet. I obviously can't merge the
cells because the sheet goes haywire. It's not viable, time wise and sanity
wise, to go through and highlight every row individually. I would love to be
able to use something similar to the F5special where it will automatically
highlight specific rows. I can do a find but then that's only highlighting
the cells and not the rows.