-   -   ENCREMENTAL FORMS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156029-encremental-forms.html)

Jim Hayes

ENCREMENTAL FORMS

Okay, this is what I want to do. There are three sheets, a Req Log a
Requisition form and a PO Form. I want to create incremental forms from the
Req Log. So that each Req number has its own Req and PO. Can this be done in
Excel? I can do it manually by creating a REQ or PO and saving it and then
hyperlink it to the Req line log number. Is there another way of doing it? I
can send you a sample of the sheets

JLatham

ENCREMENTAL FORMS

Take a look at what J.E. McGimpsey offers:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

"Jim Hayes" wrote:

Okay, this is what I want to do. There are three sheets, a Req Log a
Requisition form and a PO Form. I want to create incremental forms from the
Req Log. So that each Req number has its own Req and PO. Can this be done in
Excel? I can do it manually by creating a REQ or PO and saving it and then
hyperlink it to the Req line log number. Is there another way of doing it? I
can send you a sample of the sheets

MyVeryOwnSelf

ENCREMENTAL FORMS

Okay, this is what I want to do. There are three sheets, a Req Log a
Requisition form and a PO Form. I want to create incremental forms
from the Req Log. So that each Req number has its own Req and PO. Can
this be done in Excel? I can do it manually by creating a REQ or PO
and saving it and then hyperlink it to the Req line log number. Is
there another way of doing it?

Another way is MS-Word's "mail merge" feature. Word can use the Req Log as
a data source and populate repeated forms (Word documents) with one row of
the Req Log each. To get started, look in Word's built-in Help for "About
mail merge for form letters and mass mailings" and use
Tools Letters and mailings
Mail merge
Use an existing list