-   -   Pivot Table Customized Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155888-pivot-table-customized-formulas.html)

cherriesh

Pivot Table Customized Formulas

Hi,

My excel pivot table is connected to Analysis Services Cube. However, I can
see that if i'm connected to AS cube, the Formulas menu in Pivot Table Tools
Options is disabled. Thus, I can't create an external formula, apart from

what I have in the cube.

I tried also creating a pivot table in which the data source is an excel
sheet. The Formulas menu is enabled and I can create a calculated field.

Why is it if I'm connected in Analysis Cube that it is disabled? Anything I
missed out to do?

Thanks a lot....