-   -   "cannot shift objects off sheet" error message, (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155800-cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-error-message.html)

mathewsd001

"cannot shift objects off sheet" error message,

I can't insert rows, I always get the above message. I also can't cut and
insert a row.

FSt1

"cannot shift objects off sheet" error message,

hi,
You have a used space problem. xl thinks you have data either in the far
right column or far bottom row. Select all columns right of your data and hit
the delete key. then select all rows below your data and hit the delete key.
that should do it.

regards
FSt1

"mathewsd001" wrote:

I can't insert rows, I always get the above message. I also can't cut and
insert a row.

Gord Dibben

"cannot shift objects off sheet" error message,

Make sure you save after the deleting of rows and columns or Excel won't adjust
the used range.

In older versions you have to save then close and reopen to see changes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP