-   -   Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155776-conditionally-hiding-showing-cell-content.html)

Tim

Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content

In the cells c20 to c30 I might have, or might have not some (text) data.
In the adjacent cells d20 to d30 I have a formula showing me some results.
I want that the formula results in cells d20 to d30 to be displayed only if
there is data in the nearby correspondents "c" cells

TIA again and again

Bob Phillips

Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content

In D20: =IF(C20="","",formula)

--
HTH

Bob

"Tim" wrote in message
In the cells c20 to c30 I might have, or might have not some (text) data.
In the adjacent cells d20 to d30 I have a formula showing me some results.
I want that the formula results in cells d20 to d30 to be displayed only
if
there is data in the nearby correspondents "c" cells

TIA again and again

Stan Brown

Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content

Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:18:00 -0700 from Tim
:
In the cells c20 to c30 I might have, or might have not some (text) data.
In the adjacent cells d20 to d30 I have a formula showing me some results.
I want that the formula results in cells d20 to d30 to be displayed only if
there is data in the nearby correspondents "c" cells

In D20:
=if(isblank(C20),"",formula)
Then click and drag down to D21 through D30.

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/

Tim

Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content

Thank you very much guys.
In fact I put already a formula (as Bob proposed), but I was hoping to
realise the same with any cell conditional formating.

However thanks again

"Stan Brown" wrote:

Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:18:00 -0700 from Tim
:
In the cells c20 to c30 I might have, or might have not some (text) data.
In the adjacent cells d20 to d30 I have a formula showing me some results.
I want that the formula results in cells d20 to d30 to be displayed only if
there is data in the nearby correspondents "c" cells

In D20:
=if(isblank(C20),"",formula)
Then click and drag down to D21 through D30.

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/
http://OakRoadSystems.com/

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditionally Hiding or Showing the cell content

Yes, you can do that. Use "Formula is", rather than "Cell value is", within
CF, & set the font colour to white (or whatever the background colour is),
for the cases you want to hide.
--
David Biddulph