-   -   Mail merge an excel cell that is preceeded by an apostrophe? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155485-mail-merge-excel-cell-preceeded-apostrophe.html)

Rubicon needs help

Mail merge an excel cell that is preceeded by an apostrophe?

How do I merge an excel spreadsheet into a Word document when it includes
cells that are formatted as text or preceeded by an apostrophe?

David McRitchie

Mail merge an excel cell that is preceeded by an apostrophe?

Hi Rubicon,

Format the column as text before entering data into it.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#rendering

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"Rubicon needs help" <Rubicon needs wrote in
message ...