-   -   FIND&REPLACE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155223-find-replace.html)

Mike

FIND&REPLACE

I have to do the following in a selected group of cells, I wish to replace
ALL blank cells at one time with the word OK. When I do and edit & find, it
only replaces a few cells leaving many blank cells alone.

I have to replace all cells that have the single letter C in them witha word
company and ingnore cells that have the letter c inside a longer word like
car.
the edit & find statement locates all cells that have c in them either alone
or in a word.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
--
mike

Tevuna

FIND&REPLACE

Make sure you've placed a check next to "Match entire cell contents" before
you replace the single C wiith Company

"mike" wrote:

I have to do the following in a selected group of cells, I wish to replace
ALL blank cells at one time with the word OK. When I do and edit & find, it
only replaces a few cells leaving many blank cells alone.

I have to replace all cells that have the single letter C in them witha word
company and ingnore cells that have the letter c inside a longer word like
car.
the edit & find statement locates all cells that have c in them either alone
or in a word.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
--
mike

Tevuna

FIND&REPLACE

As with the blanks, Excel only replaces the current region.
Try this:
Select all blank cells you wish to replace with OK, or Find Sepcial Blanks
Create a custom a rare format. Format Cells Number Custom [Blue]0
Replace what: Format [Blue]0
Repalce with: Ok