-   -   Leading Zero in Hexadecimal? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155074-leading-zero-hexadecimal.html)

Tony

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

I'm using the DEC2HEX function to convert decimal numbers in cells to hex numbers.

For Hex 00 to 09, how do I format the cells so that there is a leading zero?

JMB

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

This appears to work okay:

=TEXT(DEC2HEX(A1),"00")

"Tony" wrote:

I'm using the DEC2HEX function to convert decimal numbers in cells to hex numbers.

For Hex 00 to 09, how do I format the cells so that there is a leading zero?

Tony

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

Works from 0-9, but OOPS, I forgot to add that I need it for 0A-0F, too...

"JMB" wrote in message
This appears to work okay:

=TEXT(DEC2HEX(A1),"00")

"Tony" wrote:

I'm using the DEC2HEX function to convert decimal numbers in cells to hex numbers.

For Hex 00 to 09, how do I format the cells so that there is a leading zero?

Dave Peterson

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

00-0F?

"0"&dec2hex(a1)
since 0-15 will return a single character.

Tony wrote:

Works from 0-9, but OOPS, I forgot to add that I need it for 0A-0F, too...

"JMB" wrote in message
This appears to work okay:

=TEXT(DEC2HEX(A1),"00")

--

Dave Peterson

Tony

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

That did it - thanks!

Tony wrote:

Works from 0-9, but OOPS, I forgot to add that I need it for 0A-0F, too...

"JMB" wrote in message
This appears to work okay:

=TEXT(DEC2HEX(A1),"00")

"Tony" wrote:

I'm using the DEC2HEX function to convert decimal numbers in cells to hex

numbers.

For Hex 00 to 09, how do I format the cells so that there is a leading zero?

--

Dave Peterson

JMB

Leading Zero in Hexadecimal?

Perhaps:
=IF(ISODD(LEN(DEC2HEX(A1))),"0","")&DEC2HEX(A1)

"Tony" wrote:

Works from 0-9, but OOPS, I forgot to add that I need it for 0A-0F, too...

"JMB" wrote in message
This appears to work okay:

=TEXT(DEC2HEX(A1),"00")