-   -   Updating links in Excel 2002 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/154535-updating-links-excel-2002-a.html)

Kim

Updating links in Excel 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to create links between two or more files such that when a file
(destination) is opened, some of its cell values would be updated from its
source file(s).

So far, I've tried using "Import External Data -import data" feature and
sucessfully linked the source and destination files. The destination file
will be refreshed each time I selected to update links when the file is
opened. However, I could not associate the destination file with more than
one source file.

Also, how could I just select certain cells in the source file for updates ?
I've tried creating "Names" under the Insert menu but to no avail. This is to
update the destination file by linking the name of the field in the source
file so that we could just refresh the destination file when there's new or
changed data .

Does anyone have any idea ? Thanks.