-   -   How can I capture the last date a file was saved in the footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/154427-how-can-i-capture-last-date-file-saved-footer.html)

DNader

How can I capture the last date a file was saved in the footer

I'm looking for a way to capture the date a file was last updated in an Excel
spreadsheet. If a file was last updated 3 days ago, I want to see that date,
not the date the file was printed.

Jim May

How can I capture the last date a file was saved in the footer

Paste this code into the THISWORKBOOK Module and then pick a cell (say A1)
that where you'd like for the date and time to appear and in it enter
=LastSaved

ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="LastSaved", _
RefersToR1C1:="=""" & _
Format(Now, "mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm") & """"
End Sub

Jim May

"DNader" wrote:

I'm looking for a way to capture the date a file was last updated in an Excel
spreadsheet. If a file was last updated 3 days ago, I want to see that date,
not the date the file was printed.

Mike H

How can I capture the last date a file was saved in the footer

Try this

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Date
End Sub

Alt+F11 to open VB editor
double click This Workbook
Paste code in

Mike

"DNader" wrote:

I'm looking for a way to capture the date a file was last updated in an Excel
spreadsheet. If a file was last updated 3 days ago, I want to see that date,
not the date the file was printed.

Marie Bayes

How can I capture the last date a file was saved in the footer

Hi Mike

Can I jump in on this thread? I'd like to do exactly this, but also put
alongside the username of who last saved the document. Do you have any VB
code that will let me put that in please?

Thanks
--
Marie Bayes