-   -   Mapping Coded Users and Corresponding Coefficients (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/154127-mapping-coded-users-corresponding-coefficients.html)

Johnny1496

Mapping Coded Users and Corresponding Coefficients

I hope someone can help me with this:

I have a list of TYPES of users, each with a unique ID code and three
numbers associated with that ID code. I also have a list of unique users,
each with one of the ID codes.

Is there a way to match the correct three numbers to each user on my user
spreadsheet, perhaps without complicated visual basic programming? I wrote a
macro that will make this work, but I'm hoping to use a technique that is
more friendly for my coworkers.

Pete_UK

Mapping Coded Users and Corresponding Coefficients

If each user has a unique ID which is common to both sets of data,
then there are various ways of matching them up - MATCH, INDEX,
VLOOKUP etc.

You will need to give more details of what you want to do if you want
more detailed help.

Pete

On Aug 14, 5:28 pm, Johnny1496
wrote:
I hope someone can help me with this:

I have a list of TYPES of users, each with a unique ID code and three
numbers associated with that ID code. I also have a list of unique users,
each with one of the ID codes.

Is there a way to match the correct three numbers to each user on my user
spreadsheet, perhaps without complicated visual basic programming? I wrote a
macro that will make this work, but I'm hoping to use a technique that is
more friendly for my coworkers.

Johnny1496

Mapping Coded Users and Corresponding Coefficients

the Vlookup is working quite well,

thank you!

Pete_UK

Mapping Coded Users and Corresponding Coefficients

You're welcome - glad it worked for you.

Pete