-   -   Properties dialog box opens instead of a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/154090-properties-dialog-box-opens-instead-workbook.html)

Daniel Forthman

Properties dialog box opens instead of a workbook

When I open Excel (either by double-clicking the shortcut on the Desktop or
by opening an actual spreadsheet), I get the "Excel Properties" dialog box. I
can right-click and choose "Open With-Microsoft Excel" and it opens fine.
Everything was working yesterday and there were no changes to the machine or
any configuration files.

Any ideas why it would suddenly do that?

Daniel Forthman[_2_]

Properties dialog box opens instead of a workbook

Correction:
The "Shortcut Properties" dialog box opens when opening the shortcut icon on
the Desktop. The file properties dialog box opens when trying to open an
Excel file.