-   -   On system start automatically open Excell and the a specific weork (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153938-system-start-automatically-open-excell-specific-weork.html)

Mick Seamarks[_2_]

On system start automatically open Excell and the a specific weork

I would like to have my system automatically start Excel and then open a
specifc workbook. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Irfan Khan[_2_]

On system start automatically open Excell and the a specific weork

Just put the shortcut of the required file in system startup folder....

"Mick Seamarks" wrote:

I would like to have my system automatically start Excel and then open a
specifc workbook. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Mike H

On system start automatically open Excell and the a specific weork

Hi,

Not sure what your 'system' is or when/how often you want this to happen but
on the assumption it's Windows then have a look at at task scheduler in
Control Panel. Use the wizard to set up your scheduled task.

Mike

"Mick Seamarks" wrote:

I would like to have my system automatically start Excel and then open a
specifc workbook. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Dave Peterson

On system start automatically open Excell and the a specific weork

When you click on windows start button|All programs, you'll see a Start Up
folder.

You can create a shortcut to your workbook (*.xl*) and place it there.

In WinXP Home, I'd do this:
Open windows explorer
Traverse to the folder that holds that excel file
select the file
Rightclick on it and choose Copy

Then...

Rightclick on the Windows Start button. Choose Open
Double click on the Programs folder.
Double click on the StartUp Folder
Rightclick on an empty spot and choose Paste Shortcut

--

Dave Peterson