-   -   Copy without formatiing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153935-copy-without-formatiing.html)

une

Copy without formatiing

How do I copy the contents of a cell without the formatting of that cell also
being copied? I just want the "raw" value or formula to be copied. I want the
formatting of the destination cells to remain as they were.
--
A Human

Irfan Khan[_2_]

Copy without formatiing

Copy the cells and paste special value at the destination...

"une" wrote:

How do I copy the contents of a cell without the formatting of that cell also
being copied? I just want the "raw" value or formula to be copied. I want the
formatting of the destination cells to remain as they were.
--
A Human

challa prabhu

Copy without formatiing

Do the following:

1. Select a value in a cell and copy the value using the Copy command from
the Edit menu.
2. Select a different cell location, and then choose Special Special command
from the Edit menu.
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click to select the Values option, under
the Paste section.
4. Click OK to return to the worksheet.

Note: This pasted cell value will not have any relationship with the copied
value, even if the copied values has functions or references associated to
the cell.

Challa Prabhu