-   -   I cannot find an error in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153869-i-cannot-find-error-excel.html)

Cathie

I cannot find an error in excel

I have read other answers, but no help. This is simple math, but when I put
a formula in as simples as =sum(F9+F10) or =sum(F9:F10), it is adding or
deleting a penny in my total column...help

Ron Coderre

I cannot find an error in excel

I'm guessing Mr. McGimpsey's explanation will help:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Does it?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Cathie" wrote:

I have read other answers, but no help. This is simple math, but when I put
a formula in as simples as =sum(F9+F10) or =sum(F9:F10), it is adding or
deleting a penny in my total column...help

Pete_UK

I cannot find an error in excel

Bob Phillips has an article on rounding he

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html

It might explain what's happening.

Hope this helps.

Pete