-   -   save worksheet to a folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153851-save-worksheet-folder.html)

Hoyos

save worksheet to a folder

How can I save a worksheet from a workbook to another workbook and name it
date saved at using a vb code. And any additional sheet to be saved in the
same workbook.
My aim is to be able to save a stat sheet automatically once a week.

--
Hoyos

Bob Phillips

save worksheet to a folder

Sub SaveMyWorkbook()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") & ".xls"

HTH

Bob

"Hoyos" wrote in message
How can I save a worksheet from a workbook to another workbook and name it
date saved at using a vb code. And any additional sheet to be saved in the
same workbook.
My aim is to be able to save a stat sheet automatically once a week.

--
Hoyos

Hoyos

save worksheet to a folder

Thanks Bob.
Will this save the worksheet copied to another folder?
--
Hoyos

"Hoyos" wrote in message
How can I save a worksheet from a workbook to another workbook and name it
date saved at using a vb code. And any additional sheet to be saved in the
same workbook.
My aim is to be able to save a stat sheet automatically once a week.

--
Hoyos

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

save worksheet to a folder

Add the folder's path in front of the Format statement. For example...

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\temp\" & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") & ".xls"

Rick

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sub SaveMyWorkbook()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") & ".xls"

HTH

Bob

addy)

"Hoyos" wrote in message
How can I save a worksheet from a workbook to another workbook and name
it
date saved at using a vb code. And any additional sheet to be saved in
the
same workbook.
My aim is to be able to save a stat sheet automatically once a week.

--
Hoyos

Bob Phillips

save worksheet to a folder

No, if you want that, best to be specific

Sub SaveMyWorkbook()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\myFolder\mySubFolder\" & Format(Date,
"yyyy-mm-dd") & ".xls"

HTH

Bob

"Hoyos" wrote in message
How can I save a worksheet from a workbook to another workbook and name
it
date saved at using a vb code. And any additional sheet to be saved in
the
same workbook.
My aim is to be able to save a stat sheet automatically once a week.

--
Hoyos

Hoyos

save worksheet to a folder