-   -   Chop off the last seven characters in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153811-chop-off-last-seven-characters-column.html)

Michael Grammas

Chop off the last seven characters in a column

I have a worksheet that has a given column of numbers of varying length, but
they all end in "3232000". I want to chop off the "3232000" part, but don't
see any functions that can do this.

Thank you for your help,

Mike Grammas

JMB

Chop off the last seven characters in a column

One of these should help:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-7)
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,3232000,"")