-   -   Turn of spell checker in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153596-turn-spell-checker-excel.html)

Kingstonsean

Turn of spell checker in Excel

Is it possible to temporarily turn off Spelling Checker in Excel?

Kingstonsean

Turn of spell checker in Excel

.....I'm using Offie Pro 2003 SP2 with XP Pro SP2

"Kingstonsean" wrote:

Is it possible to temporarily turn off Spelling Checker in Excel?

Bernard Liengme

Turn of spell checker in Excel

Not sure what you mean. If I type a silly word into a cell (say aples) Excel
does not tell me about the error unless I use the Spell tool.
Are you by any changing referring to Autocorrect? This can be turned off
with Tools |Autocorrect and click the appropriate box
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kingstonsean" wrote in message
Is it possible to temporarily turn off Spelling Checker in Excel?

Kingstonsean

Turn of spell checker in Excel

Thanks! This works.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Not sure what you mean. If I type a silly word into a cell (say aples) Excel
does not tell me about the error unless I use the Spell tool.
Are you by any changing referring to Autocorrect? This can be turned off
with Tools |Autocorrect and click the appropriate box
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Kingstonsean" wrote in message
Is it possible to temporarily turn off Spelling Checker in Excel?

challa prabhu

Turn of spell checker in Excel

Hi,

Microsoft Excel is not like Microsoft Word. You can do a spell check as and
when you wish to check your document. Excel cell can accept any information,
it is there mandatory that you do a spell when required.

To do a spell check follow these steps:
1. Press F7 funtion key. A message dialog appears with the following:
Do you want to continue checking at the beginning of the sheet.
2. Click OK. The Spelling dialog box is displayed. The Capitilaztion box
displays the word Microsoft Excel has identified for correction. Select a
appropriate word in the Suggestion list to replace.
3. Click Close to return to the worksheet and save the file using the Save
command from the File menu.

Challa Prabhu

Note: