-   -   Pictures (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153578-pictures.html)

Danopnu

Pictures

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

Bob I

Pictures

Pictures don't go in cells.

Danopnu wrote:

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

Gord Dibben

Pictures

Perhaps an approach other than an IF statement would do the job for you?

To have a picture show up when you select an item from a DV list or type in a
name see JE MCGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

As written John's code allows for only one picture to be displayed.

Got to Debra Dalgeish's site for a sample workbook from Bernie Dietrick for
adding pictures to selections.

Alows for more than one picture to be displayed.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

DV0049 - ClipArt Selection

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:58:06 -0700, Danopnu
wrote:

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

JB Bates[_2_]

Pictures

Hi Gord

The Bernie Deitrick is exactly what I am trying to do. When initials are
selected in one cell then the signature image appears in another. Multiple
times on one worksheet.

I tried using Bernie's code - but I am having two issues. One is that when
I try to have it look up the initials in merged cells and display the image
(signature) in merged cells it unmerges both sets of cells.

Secondly I can't get the image to display - only the name of the image.

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

JB

wrote:

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

Gord Dibben

Pictures

First of all, Excel does not play nicely with merged cells.

I would get rid of those before I tried anything else.

Returning just the name of the picture is a problem I have never encountered
using Bernie's sample workbook as a base for a workbook.

Have you altered any of Bernie's sheet event code?

Gord

wrote:

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

JB Bates[_2_]

Pictures

No I have not altered the event code. If I could elminate the merged cells -
I would have done that already... But based on layout merged cells are
required.

wrote:

I would like to paste a picture in a single cell, but have only been able to
paste to the whole worksheet- any suggesstions? What I want to accomplish is
having a certain picture populate a cell if criteria is met (IF function)

.

Gord Dibben

Pictures

I have no help for the merged cells problem.

I do not use them and will not attempt to work around them.

IMO they are never "required".

As far as the name rather than image problem goes............

You can send me a copy of the workbook to

gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious.

Gord