-   -   Microsoft Outlook Library (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153572-microsoft-outlook-library.html)

splodgey

Microsoft Outlook Library

I've grabbed some code to import appointments from Excel to Outlook from the
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=788. When I run it one of the
DIM statements gets an error message saying "user defined type not defined".
I noticed that someone had said that it requires Microsoft Outlook Library.
Does anyone know what this is and how to enable it?
Thanks in advance

splodgey

Microsoft Outlook Library

Sorry that should be Microsoft Excel Library

"splodgey" wrote:

I've grabbed some code to import appointments from Excel to Outlook from the
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=788. When I run it one of the
DIM statements gets an error message saying "user defined type not defined".
I noticed that someone had said that it requires Microsoft Outlook Library.
Does anyone know what this is and how to enable it?
Thanks in advance

JLatham

Microsoft Outlook Library

You set up a reference to the library through Outlook's VB Editor. Use
[Alt]+[F11] to open it up. Use the VB Editor's Tools menu item and select
References in the list.

A dialog will open showing all available known libraries. Scroll down the
list until you see
Microsoft Excel xx.x Object Library
where 'xx.x' is the version number for Excel installed on your computer.
Check the box next to it and click [OK] and you will have established the
necessary library reference.

Hope this helps.