Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I print hidden Excel worksheets?

I've set up macros to print specific areas of hidden worksheets. I'd like to
be able to use the macro while keeping the sheets hidden.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ray Ray is offline

Not sure if you can print sheets while they're hidden, but one
possible work-around would be to
set ScreenUpdating to False,
un-hide the sheet
print what you want
re-hide the sheet
set ScreenUpdating to True

Post your code for further assistance....

ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, you don't even HAVE to turn screenupdating off - you'd be on some
other sheet when you performed the print of the sheet, and not even change
view for long - there might be a flicker as the sheet is unhidden, printed,
rehidden. But to prevent the flicker, turning it off is a nice touch.

Sub PrintMyHiddenSheet()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("myHiddenSheetName").Visible = xlSheetVisible
Sheets("myHiddenSheetName").PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Sheets("myHiddenSheetName").Visible = xlSheetHidden
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

"Ray" wrote:

Not sure if you can print sheets while they're hidden, but one
possible work-around would be to
set ScreenUpdating to False,
un-hide the sheet
print what you want
re-hide the sheet
set ScreenUpdating to True

Post your code for further assistance....

ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot print from a hidden sheet. Do what Ray suggests. HTH Otto