-   -   conditional format if cell contains the text IQ anywhere in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153470-conditional-format-if-cell-contains-text-iq-anywhere-cell.html)

stevec

conditional format if cell contains the text IQ anywhere in cell

I did a search, couldn't find an answer:

How do I use conditonal formatting if say, cell A1 contains the text "IQ"
(not equals IQ)

thanks...

Peo Sjoblom

conditional format if cell contains the text IQ anywhere in cell

Formula is

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("IQ",A1)) (will find both IQ and iq)

=ISNUMBER(FIND("IQ",A1)) (case sensitive will only find IQ)

Peo Sjoblom

"SteveC" wrote in message
I did a search, couldn't find an answer:

How do I use conditonal formatting if say, cell A1 contains the text "IQ"
(not equals IQ)

thanks...

stevec

conditional format if cell contains the text IQ anywhere in ce

thanks Peo, works great.

"SteveC" wrote in message
I did a search, couldn't find an answer:

How do I use conditonal formatting if say, cell A1 contains the text "IQ"
(not equals IQ)

thanks...

Peo Sjoblom

conditional format if cell contains the text IQ anywhere in ce

Thanks for the feedback

Peo Sjoblom

"SteveC" wrote in message
thanks Peo, works great.