-   -   Merging data from two workbooks into one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153462-merging-data-two-workbooks-into-one.html)

Candy

Merging data from two workbooks into one

I have two different workbooks. One for usage and one for revenue. I want to
combine the two together. The only thing is that revenue will tally up the
total for ALL cell phones while usage will only calculate those that have had
activity. So if someone didn't use their phone, they would be missing in
usage, as it does not include zero's. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks,

Dave O

Merging data from two workbooks into one

Sounds like you'd need your billing department or billing provider (if
they're offsite) to change the way they report data, and include
phones with zero usage on the usage report. How are rows within the
spreadsheet differentiated? If I can suggest, and if you're making
changes, go by telephone number as opposed to account number or ESN or
IMEI. This will help if your company offers account bundling, family
features, multiple phones on a single account, etc.

Dave O