-   -   change cell color within a formula... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153442-change-cell-color-within-formula.html)

rdeap

change cell color within a formula...

I have this formula working in me Excel document
=IF(A1=39295; "OK"; "Not OK")

It works! It is a big deal for i´m not a programmer!

But what I need, instead of "OK" and "NOT OK" is to change the cell color.
OK - black #000000
NOT OK = orange #FF6600

Is this possible?
Thanks.

Dave Peterson

change cell color within a formula...

Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting.

You can specify up to 3 conditions (in xl2003 and below) and specify the
colors/formatting that you like.

--

Dave Peterson

David Biddulph[_2_]

change cell color within a formula...

Look in Excel help for "conditional formatting".
--
David Biddulph

"rdeap" wrote in message
I have this formula working in me Excel document
=IF(A1=39295; "OK"; "Not OK")

It works! It is a big deal for i´m not a programmer!

But what I need, instead of "OK" and "NOT OK" is to change the cell color.
OK - black #000000
NOT OK = orange #FF6600

Is this possible?
Thanks.

rdeap

change cell color within a formula...

Thanks but it didnt work. Its difficult to me.
I´m using Office2007. I found the conditional format but I dont know how to
use it. It goes all wrong...

///////////////////////////////////

What im tryng to do is to highlight a cell that represents 'today'.
i have H1 to AK1 to change the color (it representes the 30 days for august)

the idea is:
today is orange
not today is black.

///////////////////////////////////

in A1 i have today() today 8/8 is 39302

in H1 (that represents 01/08/2007 / 39295) i have:
=IF(A1=39295; "OK"; "Not OK")

in each cell that i want to color, i have a number that represents its day
for august, it goes from 39295 to 9332a (01/08 - 30/08)

Maybe its not this way, isnt it?
For what i looked at the conditional format I could not use my formula...
But thanks anyway

rdeap

change cell color within a formula...

I did it. Thanks!