-   -   Find monthly average but have average automatically configured (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153319-find-monthly-average-but-have-average-automatically-configured.html)

kimbafred

Find monthly average but have average automatically configured

Each week we recieve money. We would like a formula at the bottom of the
page for each month that automatically update based on the number of
weeks(lines) that are filled in. If only 1 week of money was filled in the
the sum would be Average(Xline/#week that month) i.e. Week 1 50,000 week 2
60,000 Total for two weeks is 110,000. The formula would know that two
weeks are entered and that we want the average of those two weeks.

nospaminlich

Find monthly average but have average automatically configured

Not sure if I've understood this right but assuming your weekly totals are in
C2:C6 then this formula should do what you want.

=SUM(C2:C6)/COUNTA(C2:C6)

Kewa

"kimbafred" wrote:

Each week we recieve money. We would like a formula at the bottom of the
page for each month that automatically update based on the number of
weeks(lines) that are filled in. If only 1 week of money was filled in the
the sum would be Average(Xline/#week that month) i.e. Week 1 50,000 week 2
60,000 Total for two weeks is 110,000. The formula would know that two
weeks are entered and that we want the average of those two weeks.

kimbafred

Find monthly average but have average automatically configured

You are brilliant! Thanks so much. It worked of course and made my life
much simpler. :)

Kimbafred