-   -   How to convert 4% into number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153227-how-convert-4%25-into-number.html)

Eric

How to convert 4% into number?

I load the web page from web into excel spreadsheet,
In cell A1, there is a text 4%, but when I use "isnumber" function to check
cell A1, it returns false. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert
"4%" into number?
Thank anyone for any suggestions
Eric

Bob Phillips

How to convert 4% into number?

Do a DataText To Columns on that column, no delimiting or anything, just
run it through. It will convert it.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Eric" wrote in message
I load the web page from web into excel spreadsheet,
In cell A1, there is a text 4%, but when I use "isnumber" function to
check
cell A1, it returns false. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
convert
"4%" into number?
Thank anyone for any suggestions
Eric

CLR

How to convert 4% into number?

In a helper column, put this and copy down.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)*1