-   -   Excel - cursor moves to other cells after I enter data, without h. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15320-excel-cursor-moves-other-cells-after-i-enter-data-without-h.html)

mitzi

Excel - cursor moves to other cells after I enter data, without h.

In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of
seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to
turn this off?

Jerry W. Lewis

Try Tools|Options and on the Edit tab, uncheck "Move selection after Enter"

Jerry

mitzi wrote:

In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of
seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to
turn this off?

R.VENKATARAMAN

you can try one more trick
after entering instead of hitting <enter hit <control+enter. the value
will be entered but the cursor will not move