-   -   Bring up Color Palette to select color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/153154-bring-up-color-palette-select-color.html)

pokdbz

Bring up Color Palette to select color

I would like to have a button when I click it, it opens up the color palette.
The one where you click on the paint can. And when I click on a color it
will Fill a static cell the color selected.

Bob I

Bring up Color Palette to select color

That's exactly what the paint can does to the selected cell.

pokdbz wrote:

I would like to have a button when I click it, it opens up the color palette.
The one where you click on the paint can. And when I click on a color it
will Fill a static cell the color selected.

Gord Dibben

Bring up Color Palette to select color

What's wrong with using the paint can button?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 10:22:02 -0700, pokdbz
wrote:

I would like to have a button when I click it, it opens up the color palette.
The one where you click on the paint can. And when I click on a color it
will Fill a static cell the color selected.

pokdbz

Bring up Color Palette to select color

I want to have it so when they click on Text on the inside it brings up the
palette incase they want to change the color.

wrote:

I would like to have a button when I click it, it opens up the color palette.
The one where you click on the paint can. And when I click on a color it
will Fill a static cell the color selected.

Gord Dibben

Bring up Color Palette to select color

That was not your original request which was to "fill" a cell with color.

You want to color just the selected text in a cell?

Select the text in the formula bar.

Click on the Font Color Icon and select the color you wish.

Just the selected text will be colored.

Gord